dltv 202 episode
Run time 51:56Producer pcmagAudio/Visual sound, colorLanguage English
DL.TV Episode 202! We have a HDTV Giveaway Winna!! Plus OS X Leopard, Hellgate London, The PS3 and Folding@Home, and Ubuntu Eye Candy.
What's new in Episode 202
• This webcast is sponsored by Hitachi
• Congratulations to Tierre for winning the HDTV Giveaway contest! We'd like to thank everyone that participated , and if you're sad that you didn't win, don't worry we have plans for more giveaways in the future.
• OS X Leopard: If you've been curious about all the hoopla surrounding its release find out as we highlight some of the more interesting features in Apple's latest OS X release.
• Hellgate London: Darren Gladstone from Games For Windows is here with his take on this long awaited RPG. Is good, bad or just plain okay? Find out!
• Ubuntu Eye Candy: Just because Ubuntu is Linux based doesn't mean it doesn't know how to have fun. Robert shows off some the cool visual effects built into Ubuntu and how to activate them.
• Rob set it up this way: Our Ubuntu 7.10 system has all of the software repositories selected. He then searched the Synaptic Package Manager for "compizconfig" and installed "compizconfig-settings-manager" - as well as all related items. After completing the install, a new options appears under System > Preferences called "Advanced Desktop Effects Settings" - this is also accessible from the Visual Effects tab of the Appearance Preferences (right-click on the desktop). There are dozens of options to try out - enjoy!
• The PS3 and Folding@Home. Like peanut butter and chocolate find out how the PS3 and the Folding@Home project are made for each other.
• Finally, Kriten had a question about syncing files between his two PCs. A good free solution is Microsoft's SyncToy. It's a simple easy to use utility that should cover most people's need. If you need something a bit more feature rich and don't mind paying for it check out Laplink's PCsync. While it is $40 it does have a trial download so you can test drive it before you spend money on it.
• Got a Question? A tip? A product you‚re curious about Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org